We’ve been seeing a lot of hipster videos with dirt track shit in them. Most dirt track people I know tend to be country dudes with F-250s who ride CRFs. Picturing these postmodern nitwits in their vintage cosplay rubbing elbows with the regular bros made us laugh.
Maybe they can have a special class for these artists. A class where using an appropriate machine to get around the track quickly is replaced by hoping you look quirky and carefree enough on your shitty bike that strangers will instagram you. Trophy goes to the guy with the most likes.
We suspect this entire trend can be tracked back to the fact that On Any Sunday is on NetFlix now. Way to go, Bruce Brown!
What happens when hipsters co-opt your hobby?
1. Girls in their 20’s show up (once)
2. Guys ask you what your vimeo username is
3. The pits smell less like 2-stroke exhaust and more like hair product
4. You start getting $1500 offers on your 1982 DR125 with no carb that’s worth $200 at most
5. Each new guy brings his own videographer and sound man
Guess we didn’t really say much about this video, so here, have a highlight. This fucking guy.